Notepad++ is a free source code and text editor and Notepad replacement, which running under the MS Windows environment and supports several programming languages.
However it doesn't uninstall or overwrite the original Notepad program.
Notepad++ written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
What are the features of Notepad++ ?
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
User Defined Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
Full Drag ‘N' Drop supported
Dynamic position of Views
File Status Auto-detection
Zoom in and zoom out
Multi-Language environment supported
Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
Macro recording and playback
Here's Notepad++ v5.0.2 fixed bugs and added features (from v5.0.1) :
- Fix crash bug for tags match highlighting.
- Fix the huge file makes notepad++ crash issue.
- Fix adding item in the history file list while deleting file from Notepad++ bug.
- Fix a bug that file detection options set are not saved due to doc monitor plugin.
- Improve opening file performance.
- Fix bug when closing file using close button.
Download Notepad++ from sourceforge UK
Documentations and other helps :